Presque Isle Bay Watershed Online GIS-Tool

The ArcGIS Presque Isle Bay Watershed Plan Restoration Prioritization Web Application

The ArcGIS Presque Isle Bay
Watershed Plan Restoration Prioritization Web Application

Access the tool:
ArcGIS Presque Isle Bay Watershed Plan Restoration Prioritization Web Application

Background: The Presque Isle Bay Watershed Restoration, Protection, and Monitoring Plan (http://pib.psu.edu) serves as the framework for restoring and protecting water resources within the Presque Isle Bay watershed and provides a model that can be adapted to other urban watersheds.The Presque Isle Bay watershed drains a highly urbanized area of approximately 26.22 square miles, including portions of Millcreek Township, City of Erie, Harborcreek Township, Summit Township, and Greene Township in Erie County, Pennsylvania. Tributaries of the bay include, from west to east, Scott Run, Unnamed Tributary One, Unnamed Tributary Two, Cascade Creek, Mill Creek, and its tributary Garrison Run. These tributaries comprise 90% of the bay’s watershed; the remainder of the watershed (10%) is comprised of direct runoff to the bay.

Geospatial data collected as part of the watershed characterization of the Plan were used to prioritize restoration needs in the watershed. The 18 watershed characterization parameters were analyzed using geospatial technology and scored on a scale of 0 to 5, based on criteria developed by the watershed planning committee, in each of 78 sub-
watersheds.Total restoration scores were then calculated in each of the sub-watersheds
by summing each individual parameter score. Higher total restoration scores indicated a
higher priority for restoration actions. This Map includes the watershed characterization
data that was used to prioritize restoration needs within the Presque Isle Bay watershed.

Funding United States Environmental Protection Agency (Great Lakes Restoration Initiative)

PartnersPennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and Presque Isle Bay Public Advisory Committee.

 

1 12

Downloads:
GIS Workshop Announcement and Agenda 11 15 13
LE Project Overview Talk 1
Impervious Data Talk 2
Meadville Impervious Fee Talk 3
PIB Watershed Plan Talk 4
GIS Tool for Decision Making Talk 5

Contacts:
Sean Rafferty sdr138@psu.edu 814-217-9013