B-Wet Great Lakes Teacher Workshop Application Deadline April 1st
Apply today for the June 19-21 Teacher Workshop – Great Lakes “F-EX” (Field Experiences) for Great Lakes Stewards.
Hurry the deadline to apply is April 5, and only 15 teachers will be accepted.
Join us on an enlightening professional development excursion from June 19 – 21 through the Lake Erie watershed. NOAA educators will offer a three-day hands-on, immersive workshop for grades 5-12 teachers. Begin your expedition at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center in Erie, PA and end at the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center in Bay Village, OH.
- Enjoy a variety of meaningful watershed experiences including: water quality testing, invasive plant removal, shipboard science, kayaking and beach clean up.
- Combine Great Lakes experiential science education and Earth Action service learning opportunities for grades 5-12.
- Qualify for up to $1200 in stipends and funds to use for student field trip busing and classroom materials.
- Receive teacher tested Great Lakes curriculum and stewardship project ideas related to multiple watershed water quality issues including: energy conservation, food webs, wetland and habitat restoration, emerging contaminants, invasive species, and more.
- Interact with researchers to learn about current issues related to protecting and sustaining the Lake Erie watershed.
- Get assistance in designing a community stewardship project you will facilitate with your students during the 2013-2014 school year.
- Explore a variety of NOAA curricula to help integrate Great Lakes literacy into you’re your classroom teaching.
- Includes materials, food, transportation, lodging (if needed) and a $600 teacher stipend upon completion of required obligations. For more details download the flyer and application here.
- Contact Lyndsey Manzo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marti Martz (email@example.com) if you have questions.